NOTE:  Ceremonies are  performed outdoors in Rocky Mountain National Park (“RMNP”). In the unlikely event of extreme weather, the Ceremony may be performed at one of  various scenic locations in Estes Park, followed by a later scenic tour in RMNP in the Rolls-Royce.

Officiant Services are provided by Gordon M. Pedersen (Minister, ordained and licensed), including conducting the wedding ceremony:

Standard Ceremony with Standard Vows

Custom Ceremony (Standard Ceremony and Vows with additions by Bride and Groom)

The Bride and Groom may also add their own vows to personalize the ceremony, and the vows should include some type of promise or commitment. Smart phones are not recommended for these personal vows– more sincere with just a scrap of paper. Sample vows are available. The bride and groom may use their own minister, if qualified to perform wedding ceremonies.

Wedding rings are presented in different ways (sometimes delivered by children or cute puppy dogs).


Prior to the ceremony the Bride and Groom are to provide a valid Colorado marriage license (dated within 30 days prior to the wedding date). After the ceremony, the marriage license will be signed by the Bride and Groom and by Minister Pedersen, and delivered to the County Clerk’s office for recording.

Colorado marriage licenses are required and may be obtained at the office of any County Clerk in Colorado. The County Clerk’s office in Estes Park (telephone 970-577-2027) is located at 1601 Brodie Avenue, Estes Park CO 80517 and is open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm weekdays. To save time the license Application may be prepared on-line, so it will only be necessary for the Bride and Groom to show I.D. and sign the marriage license application in the County Clerk’s office.

The online Application may be found at “Larimer.org”, followed by clicking on:”Departments/   Clerk & Recorder/  Recording/  Marriage Licenses/  Civil Union & Marriage Licenses”. After filling out the form, click on “submit”. It will also save time to bring the “transaction number” that you receive after the application has been submitted.

Age 18 or older, no parental consent is required. Blood tests are not required. If either party has been married previously, the date, place and type of court where the divorce took place is required. Widows/widowers need to supply the date and place of death of their former spouse.


Gordon Pedersen–Owner, minister, commercial photographer (Photo)